Vehicle parts supplier, PIAA Philippines, wishes to warn consumers over the propagation of fake products.
PIAA which offers lights, horns, bulbs and a wide variety of other OEM replacement and aftermarket motorcycle accessories has been made aware of the propagation of imitation PIAA products.
In particular, it warns consumers might be misled into purchasing fake PIAA
OTO Style Horns. These imitations are priced cheaper than the authentic PIAA Horns.
However, PIAA offers a number of ways to immediately spot the authentic product from imitations.
- Check the packaging. The original OTO Horn box has a higher resolution image with greater depth of detail of the horn. The fake ones have no depth, the image is flat and stretched out.
- The decals of the original PIAA OTO Horn box uses a stylized “R” in the word “HORN”. The reflective material of the sticker paper used is also thinner, more delicate, and premium.
- The original OTO Horn product has the correct PIAA logo, composed of wider letters and no spaces in between the letters. It has deep and cleaner etchings of the logo and the product specifications. The body of the horn itself is slimmer.
- The original OTO Horn has an upside-down “>ABS<” mark, while the fake version’s mark is right-side up.
- Finally, if installed, the actual sound of the fake horn is completely different from the original PIAA OTO Horn.
PIAA products, from lights to horns, have undergone stringent testing. They have been subjected to a lengthy research and development process to never compromise quality, reliability, and safety.
PIAA PH is in the process of taking legal action against the sellers of these fake PIAA products for the safety of the public. In the meantime, the brand urges consumers to be vigilant and to only purchase from official and accredited dealers.
To learn more, customers can reach PIAA PH through its official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/PIAA.PH), official Instagram account (@piaa.ph_official), and official sales line (0917-5754812).