The Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) is back and the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has announced that the annual Parade of Stars – which is expected to draw thousands of Filipino fans – will proceed on December 21.
While motorcycles will be less affected than other types of vehicles, it is still better to avoid the overall route of the Parade of Stars or, take these alternative routes as suggested by the MMDA.
The parade, hosted by the Quezon City government, will feature floats carrying the stars of the eight official movie entries in this year's MMFF beginning at Mabuhay Rotonda at 4 PM and ending at Quezon Memorial Circle (QMC).
As part of the agency’s traffic management plan, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Acting Chairman and concurrent MMFF overall Chairman Atty. Romando Artes said members of the Traffic Engineering Center, Traffic Discipline Office, and Sidewalk Clearing Operations Group are working hand-in-hand with the Quezon City LGU and barangay leaders to manage traffic and ensure the safety of the people attending the parade.
The MMFF Parade Committee, the local government of Quezon City, and concerned barangay officials have also inspected the route and the parade grounds.
The staging area for the floats of eight official entries and MMDA will be along E. Rodriguez Avenue to Banawe. On the evening of December 20, motorists are advised to stay away from the site for the construction of the stage and float ingress.
The parade will cover a distance of 7.36 kilometers and is expected to take a minimum of two hours and 30 minutes.
The MMDA also listed alternate routes for motorists that will be affected by the parade.
VEHICLES TOWARDS EDSA/QMC
- Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard should turn right at Blumentritt Road then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right Nicanor Ramirez., left at Cordillera St, right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
- Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard may also turn right at Nicanor Ramirez, go straight towards Cordillera St., right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS MANILA AREA
- Vehicles traveling from Quezon Avenue tunnel up ramp should turn right at Biak na Bato, left at Dapitan Street, left at Lacson Avenue and right at Espana Boulevard to destination.
- Vehicles traveling from Quezon Avenue turn right at D Tuazon Street, then left at Sen. Mariano Cuenco to Piy Margal Street, left at Blumentritt Road, then right at España Boulevard to destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS DEL MONTE AVENUE AND ARANETA AVENUE
- Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard should take a U-turn at Mabuhay Rotonda, then right at Blumentritt Road, then right at Piy Margal Street, then left to Mayon Street to their destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS E. RODRIGUEZ SR. AVENUE, EDSA/QMC
- Vehicles traveling from Mayon Street should turn right at Piy Margal Street, left at Blumentritt Rd. then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right at Nicanor Ramirez St., and straight towards Cordillera St. right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
The 48th MMFF will officially open in theaters nationwide from December 25, 2022, until January 7, 2023.