Just in time for the Halloween weekend

Motorcyclists astride their tollways-legal motorcycles will have a new route going up to Tagaytay as the DPWH partially opened the Laguna segment of the Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAX) covering the Mamplasan Barrier all the way to the Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange.

Please note, however, that since the new tollway is only partially completed, the Cavite-Laguna Expressway will only be opened during specific times for the time being.

Cavite-Laguna Expressway opens first 10km stretch image

Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC) subsidiary MP CALA Holdings, Inc. led by President and General Manager Bobby Bontia said, “We will operate today, October 30 until 10 PM. For the daily access time, we agreed with DPWH that it will be Sunday to Thursday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM and giving extended time on weekends, Friday to Saturday 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. This will only be temporary, until we finish the remaining works for this first segment before December. By then full access of the other interchanges and 24-hour use shall be possible.”

“We all know that UNDAS is a time we all pay our respects to family and friends who have passed on, and with November 1 falling on a Friday, I’m sure many of our kababayans will take advantage of the time to do some family bonding and go on a road trip. I only see benefits in opening CALAX even on a single lane basis to decongest Laguna Boulevard [and] Aguinaldo Highway. We are at 90% completion. The remaining 10% of the works are being fast-tracked while in operation,” said DPWH Secretary Mark Villar.

Cavite-Laguna Expressway opens first 10km stretch image

The DPWH Secretary also added that approximately 10,000 vehicles are expected to enter and exit at the Mamplasan and Sta. Rosa access points. Travel time has been cut short from 45-minutes to just 10-minutes.

The 45-kilometer CALAX is a 4-lane, tolled expressway that will connect CAVITEX in Kawit to South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) at their Mamplasan Interchange in Binan Laguna. CALAX will have interchanges in 8 locations, namely: Kawit, Imus Open Canal, Governor’s Drive, Aguinaldo Highway, Silang, Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay, Laguna Blvd., Technopark, and a Toll Barrier before SLEX.

Cavite-Laguna Expressway opens first 10km stretch imageOnce completed, the new Cavite-Laguna Expressway will have a total of 8 interchanges

It will also showcase technologically advanced features such as an Automatic License Plate Recognition System enabling barrier-less entry to CALAX, IP-Based Speed Detection Cameras strategically installed, and High Definition CCTV cameras to cover the entire stretch of the expressway to ensure safe and efficient travel by the motorists.